The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Yanni in Chicago!

My dear, kind, virtuoso cellist/composer friend, Sarah O'Brien www.sarah-obrien.com was in town with the great Yanni!  I did not catch her name, but thanks so very much to the official Yanni photographer for sending this memorable backstage picture to Sarah, who then sent it to me!

Sarah and my Mom
phone camera shot of the concert


Florence, Yanni and  Mom Backstage

My mom had some thoughts about the show:  Yanni is such a smart composer!  His music is an amalgamation of classical and modern;  therefore, making it universal.  He conveyed the full range of emotions.  It was philosophical.  The musicians were all so highly skilled and Yanni conducted them so well!  He makes people happy with his music!  How nice it is that your beautiful friend, Sarah plays the cello!  It's the sound of our souls... www.yanni.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home