The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ALL RISE | Walkabout Theater Company

I'm not sure how to best describe Emma Stanton and her fine collaborators' show... walkabouttheater.org  It was definitely experimental and interesting. I liked Errol McLendon as the walking narrator a lot. The live music/singing sounded terrific in the chapel. I keep thinking of poets I adore - like the amazing Janice Erlbaum, aka Girlbomb girlbomb.com and sweet, wonderful Richard Loranger richardloranger.com  I attended ALL RISE specifically to see Dani Bryant's piece, Diets Are A Girl's Best Friend. Gwynn Fulcher and her fellow dieters did a great job. It was ambiguous, which can be tricky - but given the subject matter, this made so much sense.  Bryant is consistent -- serious, smart and thoughtful with a wicked sense of humor.  No wonder I am reminded of Richard and Janice...  Check out what Ms. Bryant is up to next... knifeandforkchicago.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home