The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Random Thoughts...

1. Cat Power is great in concert and I liked her cover of "Crazy" -- but given her rep -- what message is she trying to send...? And is that guitar player dude in her band her boyfriend?

2. Stan Ridgway (Wall of Voodoo) is hella good in concert! Ace drummer, Joe Berardi was amazing! So musical and quirky! Loved the asymmetrical crash cymbal and pots!

3. Is it just me or is Paulo Nutini hot in a kind of 'I'm not sure if he's on heroin' or just really eccentric kinda way...?

4. "Thash Unreal" by Against Me! is so catchy... I wonder what the lyrics are....

5. I took a stab at repairing my own guitar yesterday. (Those of you who know me well know that I have a very odd skill set and that I did used to own an acetylene torch, among other tools...) I just tuned her up, and I must say, I think this was a success!

6. I want to start a cover band called, "Goofyfoot." It will be all Disney songs all the time all performed on skateboards, of course, goofy foot...

7. I can't believe I haven't see "The Simpsons Movie" yet. Something is very wrong... Must rectify this immediately... Oh, wait, did I type that out loud?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey florence, thanks for adding me as a friend on facebook, but i am anti-facebook!

check out my myspace or my website! hope all is cool!

www.edlinforpresident.com
www.myspace.com/edlinforpresident

10:56 AM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

hi ed!
thanks for responding! you rule! ed lin for president!
xoxo,
florence :D

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home