The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stanley Pickle at The Chicago International Film Festival



Filmmaker, Victoria Mather was in town from the UK and got to accept her award at the Chicago International Film Festival for Best Animated Short for her artful, imaginative and poignant stop action film, Stanley Pickle. It was pretty great. Not sure if it's a British thing, but the movie made me think that this would be what Wallace and Grommit would be like if they were real people embodied in a white guy and a Japanese girl. It was an extra special treat to see Ms. Mather speak after the screening last night. I had my camera with me so I snapped these shots of her, without a flash. I can't help but wonder if she used something like a Canon 5D Mark II to make her movie. She did say she used a still camera. Amazing. Congratulations, Vicky, et al! http://stanleypicklemovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home