The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

YO SOLO theatre festival of latino solo shows

I only got to see three of the YO SOLO Festival shows:  Sandra Delgado's beautiful, para Graciela; KJ Sanchez's fascinating tale of her father's legal odyssey in New Mexico, Highway 47 www.americanrecordstheater.org; and Juan Francisco Villa's gritty, splendid, lyrical chronicle of life on the Lower East Side of New York, Empanada for a Dream. www.juanfranciscovilla.com  Unfortunately, due to a personal scheduling issue, I was not able to see Rey Andujar's Antipoda.  dsph.uiowa.edu/conferences/uilmw/wp/?page_id=326  But I heard he was great. Next year, I will have to buy the festival pass and see them all.   www.teatrovista.org/   www.collaboraction.org  There's so much about Latino culture that I don't know, but I would like to.  I would say that I was entertained and impressed but that would be an understatement.  Catch the talented Ms. Delgado currently starring in Night Over Erzinga at  www.silkroadrising.org  Juan (Solo) Francisco Villa's riveting performance reminded me of a young John Leguizamo/Raul Julia...  Check out Empanda for a Dream in Los Angeles later this month/November: thelatc.org/2012/shows/empanada-for-a-dream and when it returns to Chicago!  www.teatrovista.org


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home