The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Commercials on Broadway and The Answers to Life

Saw In My Life, the musical on Broadway. I enjoyed it --- better than Brooklyn the musical and Good Vibrations the musical -- not as much as Cabaret... But as my friend, Arlene commented, I do seem to like bleak... A curious thing about this show -- Diet Coke was prominently placed and drunk throughout -- and there was an entire number sung by God about Dr. Pepper. Now, I love me a Dr. Pepper now and again. As a matter of fact, I have some in my fridge right now, but I'm not sure that I really believe that God drinks the slightly bittersweet, fizzy beverage... How 'bout you?

My friend, Julia's fiance, Ed observed that my answer for everything was a cheeseburger. I asked, "How so?" He replied, "When Carol was feeling a bit peaked, you told her to have a cheeseburger. When you have to work a long shift, you make sure you eat a cheeseburger. You're always telling people to eat them." This is indeed true -- I guess I do think the problems in my life can be solved with a simple, delicious cheeseburger.

My best friend, Carol's answer to everything is the gym. When I told her how physically destroyed I felt from my job, she advised me to go to the gym more to get strong and feel better. When I had a cold, she told me to go to the gym to get over the cold because whether I went or not, I would eventually get better, so I should just go to the gym.

My answer to life is the cheeseburger, Carol's answer is the gym. I think this explains the discrepency in our weight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home