The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

News

I have an update on Christine Pechera. She is out of the hospital. She still needs a bone marrow donor. savechristine.com Please consider becoming a bone marrow donor for her if you are Filipino or part Filipino. But also, please sign up if you are a minority of any ethnicity because the need is tremendous and you very well could save someone's life!

marrow.org

The good news from Christine is that her film is screening on Friday!
Here was her e-mail announcement:

Hi all!

The F-word movie I co-produced will be screening in New York this
Friday at
the GenArt Film Festival. This will be its East Coast premiere.
Alas, I am unable to attend but I hope you can make it! I don't
have everyone's e-mail address so please pass it on!

http://www.genart.org/x/filmfest/

xo,
Christine Pechera

________________________________________________________

In other news, a good friend of mine is in the hospital.
Life really is so unpredictable... If you are the praying
kind, please remember John. I'm praying for a full and
speedy recovery for him...

I am very behind on my reading. Ed Lin told me that I
didn't have to read his book, Waylaid because I did the
most important thing: I bought it.

I just bought Janice Erlbaum's brand spankin' new book,
Girlbomb: A Halfway
Homeless Memoir.
Check out her awesome blog ~

girlbomb.typepad.com/blog

The last poetry book I bought was
Richard Loranger's
Poems for Teeth
www.wepress.org/loranger

I bought Lisa A. Kirschenbaum's book, Small Comrades.
She told me that she agreed with Ed, that buying it was
the most important part...

However: author, Alexander Chee told me that he does not
agree with this theory. He said that I did have to read his
book, Edinburgh and that for him, buying it was not enough.

I can understand that.

________________________________________________________

Lastly, in answer to the question: can I hear a sound
clip of what you do? The answer is yes, but not here.

Click below instead...

cdbaby.com/florenceyoo03


cdbaby.com/florenceyoo99


P.S. I may be mentioned in the NY Daliy News tomorrow,
Thurs. 4/6.

Thanks to Heather Robinson, Janet Rosen, Dawn Eden,
and music photographer, Thomas Monaster!
www.monasterphoto.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home