The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the Short Bus

I was walking to catch my bus when I heard someone running behind me. I figured it was just a jogger and moved over to my far right so the runner could pass. I was startled when it turned out that this guy was not jogging at all, but had been running to catch up to me. "What's your name?" he breathlessly asked me. I saw that he was a tall, dark and handsome, white teenager in a baseball cap. I told him that I was not comfortable telling him my name without knowing why he wanted to know. He replied, "Oh, I was just wondering... I guess you're with somebody, huh?" I said, "Uh, yeah." "Okay. Bye, " he responded as he ran away...

Caught my bus. A few stops later a group of developmentally disabled adults got on board. They were very loud. It was hard not to eavesdrop. One man sat down and proceeded to make lewd comments to some of the other guys like, "Why don't you sit over here, Bob? You can sit on my face!"And, "Hey, John, come over here and sit on my lap!" It never dawned on me that some special needs adults are gay, but why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home