The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ground Hog Day Everyday

Someone at work complained that it was like the movie, Groundhog Day everyday. We all agreed that yes, it did seem like the same day repeating over and over. I love that film. But it never occurred to me how profound it truly was and that we all live our own versions of that story and if I like the story, well, great. If not, I darn well better change my ways...

I complained to this nice lunch room lady about a hotel gift shop I had recently visited. I needed to buy a chapstick. It was $3.99! I just couldn't do it, so I turned my suitcase and my backpack upside down looking for an old or stray one. I finally found one in my parka. The lunch lady (who was not Asian) looked at me and said, "Oh, you think that's bad? Guess how much me and my friend paid for cocktails and appetizers at the New Otani Hotel in Tokyo." I replied, "Gosh, I have no idea. How much?" "$292.00," she concluded. Okay, okay, so as far as justified complaints go, she wins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home