The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Monday, February 06, 2006

Wendy Ip ~ Girl Genius


I was telling Wendy Ip the tale of how I got into a nasty, screaming match on the street with this woman and her mangy mutt. The upshot of it was that this woman did not believe that I really was walking toward the payphone to make a call. She thought I was lying, when I was not. I told Wendy that I am eccentric, and that I do not really use a cellular phone. She observed, "Florence , do you realize that whenever you say that you are 'eccentric', it always has something to do with you not spending money? Maybe you can just replace 'eccentric' with
'cheap ass'." I laughed so hard when Wendy told me this, I almost fell down. I did not know that 'eccentric' was my euphemism for 'cheap ass.' Wendy explained that she likes to find patterns in things. Touche... Check out wendyip.com

Carol's comment on this was: actually, it oughta be 'broke ass' because you aren't cheap, and there's a difference...

However; when this all transpired, Wendy did make it clear that I was usually eccentric only with myself, not with others...

I started taking aspirin for my aches and pains. I went onto Tylenol, then Extra Strength Tylenol and now I am taking Advil. Jacqueline at work gave me a Motrin. It was stronger. Corinna told me I really oughta try Aleve. Where will this end?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will end with liver disease. NSAID's (painkillers) are very dangerous when taken for long periods of time. You should consult a naturopath to find out what the cause of your pain is.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home