The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh, Medic!

I just got back from Regie Cabico's awesome Sulu Performance Series at Galapagos. I had a whole lotta fun! Regie's legendary rapier wit was in fine form and it was a nice combo of performance/poetry/dramatic writing and music.

Wayne Hsu and his band sounded great -- kinda retro, like '70s pop meets Haircut 100... waynehsu.com

Big huge thanks to Regie Cabico and the multi-talented, Taiyo Na www.myspace.com/wholeheartmusic for the kind invitation!

I think my set went well, but as I was packing up my gear I hit my head on a steel pipe. It was one of those moments where I saw stars, birds were flying around my head and I am almost afraid to touch the top of my head for fear of how big a bump I have...

I left my ear muffs and scarf somewhere in the club. Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow and see if anyone turned them in.

I was so exhausted today, I did not get out of bed until about 5 PM. Now, mind you, I got up around 9 AM, but I just couldn't move...

If Julia Cho were still in town, I swear, I would have called her up and asked her if she might just go over and do my set for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home