The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Profiling

I told a chef at work that I was gonna stop by the Fairway after work. She said, "Ah, the greatest grocery store on earth!" I've always liked Fairway, but now I feel better about my judgment if a chef thinks that it's good, too.

I was putting some stuff away in a locked closet with my boss, Jean. She lamented that the guy who had a knack with the door was not around. I was perplexed by this. She explained that she did not have the key -- so she normally has this guy jimmy it open with a knife, which she did have. She tried, but didn't have much luck. I confessed that I have never been able to jimmy anything open. Johnny happened to be passing by and she asked him if he could open the door. He told us that he didn't have the key. She told him that we had a knife, and could he please try to "unlock" it for us. In a heartbeat, he had the door open for us. He looked up at us -- since he was bent over the doorknob/lock, grinned and said, "It's because I'm Spanish..." We laughed. Jean (who is African American) looked down at me (literally, since I'm so bloody short) and dead panned, "He said it, we didn't."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home