The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Mom is Slipping

I talked to my mom today. She started telling me about her theory of raising children. "They are really not a problem, as long as you get them young. You just train them, like a dog."
I said, "You do realize that you're speaking with me, your daughter, right?"
She quickly said, "I think I hear Daddy calling me. Gotta go! Bye."

Last night my kind boss, Marc came in and asked if anyone wanted dessert. I said, "I do!"
I was the only person who responded. There was an odd moment of silence. I finally commented, "I guess this is why I'm chubby." How could everyone not want apple pie and homemade whipped cream? I didn't understand. Then again, everyone at work last night was pretty skinny, so it all does make sense.

I was a fat child, and then I lost the weight, but in recent years it's like the prodigal weight returned. How did that story end in the bible anyway? I knew I shoulda kept going to bible camp...

6 Comments:

Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Florence,
The skinny and chubby alike slipped through the eye of a needle and straight into heaven.
Love,
stu

2:27 PM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

Aw, thanks Stu! Hope you and Cecilia are having a wonderful fall!

Love,
Florence

2:52 PM  
Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Fall is good. Chilly and rainy, but the White Sox won a ballgame yesterday. Plus I'm linking to your blog from mine.
Love yaz,
Stu

1:31 AM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

Hello Stu!

Where can I find your blog? How can I link mine to yours? I am verrrry new to the blog world and I know nothing!

Hey -- did you hear? Jennifer Mindel got married! Congratulations, Jennifer! Wow!

Love,
Florence

2:00 AM  
Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Firenze,
my bloggggg is stuartshea.blogspot.com. Linking is fairly easy with the blogger software; I know nothing about html but was able to pick it up pretty quickly. Hell, your page is better looking than mine anyway!!!
Love you...
and way to go Jenny!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

Stu!

I cannot seem to find the section to post links. I wonder if it's because this template isn't set up for that?

Hmm....

Your blog looks awesome!

I MUST read your Amy Rigby article when I get home!

I love her! (And you!:)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home