The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Saturday, November 05, 2005

About Last Night


Richard Loranger rules!

Mr. Vong Pak, master Korean changu drummer (he has previously made apprearances at Carnegie Hall and Symphony Space) and I performed at Richard's Poems for Teeth book release party last night at the Poetry Project at St. Mark's Church in the East Village in New York. Thanks so much for playing, Vong!

The film about flossing was mucho fun, and the dental presentation by Richard's dentist, Dr. Deborah Pasquale, DDS was entertaining and informative. One hot tip was to get a dental implement at the drug store that makes flossing a breeze. I have never tried this, and today before work, I think I will pick one up. Thanks, Dr. Pasquale!

The publisher, renowned poet/artist/musician, Chris Funkhouser was in the house and he brought a few of their impressive titles along for perusal and purchase.

www.wepress.org

All the poets who read last night were very good, and Regie Cabico who runs the whole darn thing (i.e., the reading series ) was especially funny with his poem about the tooth fairy -- which makes sense because he also does perform at stand-up comedy clubs -- and Richard Loranger was amazing! He is truly pithy -- in that he and his work can bring a smile and make me laugh or reduce me to tears with equal stealth. He's a profound writer of great integrity and artistic and aesthetic uniqueness. I am greatly honored that he invited me to be a part of his wonderful show. One of the comments I liked best was from ace sound dude, David Vogen who told me, "You fit in oddly well!"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home