The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Friday, November 04, 2005

All Apologies...

Dear everyone on my e-mailing list and those who used to be on the e-mailing list,

I am so very sorry to everyone who is no longer on the list. I spoke with harpist extraodinaire, Mia Theodoratus www.harpgrrl.com last night and she told me she is off the list. She did not unsubscribe. I did not unsubscribe her. I have figured out from the numbers that about two or three hundred of youse who were once regularly receiving my notices are now gone and lost forever. I have NO idea who is gone -- apparently, deleted by the system. This is a friggin' nightmare.

So anyhow, all I can think to do is to tell y'all out there in Cyberville, mea culpa, Yahoo! groups has no good answers for me, and if you would like to be apprised of my comings and goings, please hit me with an e-mail message at:

florenceloveyoo@yahoo.com

and i will send you an invitation to join the group again...

For any new folks who might be interested in subscribing, here is an excerpt from the newsletter, so ya get a feel for the vibe...

from the oct. 27th issue...

i was following playwright/screenwriter (can you say, JAG?) aurorae khoo around julia and ed's wedding. she ALWAYS cracks me up, so i was pestering her to write a comedy. i fell down laughing when she told me about the scheme she came up with to work with playwright, gary winter and she locked him up with her in an apartment so they could write a script to win a writing contest. apparently, aurorae was allowed to leave, but not gary because he might weaken and not come back. she told me she doesn't write sitcoms. i realize now that it's not her that should write the comedy i wanna see -- but someone needs to write a comedy, with AURORAE as the main character, hatching all sorts of plans for world domination in NYC... so, writers reading this, please let me know if you do, because i wanna watch it!

my ramblings for today...

please come on by the show tonight! richard loranger is one of my favorite poets of all time and his new book, poems for teeth is splendid! also, sure to please, the famous and hilarious, regie cabico! (details below in a previous post!)

i was thinking about canadian rokcer, avril lavigne. is it just me, or would she have been named, "april levine" if she were from long island...?

i bought a st. clare candle to ask for her aid in getting me on television more. i live in a young, media obsessed neighborhood. when i first bought the st. clare candle, there was one row of 'em. now there are several. i guess there are a whole lot of us bugging st. clare... (patron saint of television)

last night's adventures really made me think that the thing that is most wonderful about new york is the people... big, huge ups to sonya yi www.uyaf.org and mayuna shimizu www.bluemusedance.org for all the radical, funky fresh ideas... jesus christ, this place is humbling... in a good way...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home