The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Professore Corradina Caporello

I had the distinct honor of recently meeting Juilliard professor, Dr. Corradina Caporello on an airplane. We discussed many things... Somehow I was reminded of a simple quote I once read. The gist of which was, "The mark of a successful man is a happy home life and a good career." Caporello immediately agreed with this and stated further that this was especially true in her own experience -- that her family has been there all along, helping by not only being there for her physically, but spiritually, emotionally and intellectually. It was so poignant...

My mom is one of the smartest people I have ever met and she has a unique perspective on life and on what it is truly important. I've been trying to bug my mom to write a book for years. It struck me that Prof. Caporello's world view, though different than my mom's, was something I'd also like to read in a book...
They're so portable and handy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mi fá tanto piacere di salutarle e di dirle che é una persona incredibile e come maestra la migliore.

Un baccio José Chú de México, mi ricorda?

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home