The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

All Good People

I went to the Benefit for Richard Loranger on Friday night. Les Lopes, the Patron Saint of Poets and his co-hort, Angelo, the other Patron Saint of Poets and a number of other fine poets were in the house, and graced the stage...

I told the tale of how I had a lisp as a little kid. My speech therapist's name was Mrs. Spolatto, God rest her patient soul...

I also said that whenever I think of Richard, he seems like a precocious, supertalented, 12 year-old genius (since I am such a fan of his words and art and I am always impressed with Richard's ability to observe and delight in things like a kid) in a man's body...

Les announced that almost $400 was raised! Considering how quickly the benefit was put together and that the donation asked for was $5 a head, I think it was a truly amazing night!

Richard read from his AWESOME book, Poems for Teeth. www.wepress.org/loranger It was a sweet night of folks who clearly adore Richard... Present company included...

And a big thumbs up to Richard's publisher, We Press/the multi-talented Chris Funkhouser for his kindness and generosity in donating books for dear Richard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home