The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Girlbomb At/Has Happy Ending...

Wendy Ip and I went to Amanda Stern's terrific Happy Ending Music and Reading Series last Wednesday night to see Janice Erlbaum girlbomb.com read from her smokin' hot new book, GIRLBOMB: A Halfway Homeless Memoir.

I laughed, I cried...

Man, oh, man, can this Girlbomb WRITE/PERFORM her ass off!

One of the best readings I have ever been to, no joke.

Is it just me, or does Amanda Stern look like Ana Gasteyer? She is certainly as funny... I wonder if Amanda sings, too...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just you. I think she looks like Jennifer Grey from "Dirty Dancing." Or Kyra Sedgwick.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

Hmmm... I'll have to see Amanda again... But I'm still thinkin' Gasteyer -- whom I greatly admire! Man, hilarious, and what a set a pipes!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Amanda Stern said...

I do not look like Ana Gasteyer!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Florence Yoo said...

er, uhm... i think this can be filed under the category of when people tell me that i look like sandra oh...

mea culpa, amanda!

your friend and fan,
florence

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home