The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bone Marrow Drive Tomorrow!

Hey Everybody!

THANK YOU to all who have been so kind with
suggestions, offers to help Christine, to come by and
register tomorrow, and for spreading the word! Julia
Cho put it best: you have some very nice people on
your e-mailing list!

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

I am gonna write about the bone marrow drive, and I
am including a speech given by Christine Pechera, so
y'all get a sense of her sweet spirit...

http://savechristine.com


If you are Filipino or part Filipino, or Chinese you
could be the match we are looking for! PLEASE COME ON
BY TOMORROW!


THURSDAY, MARCH 9th, 2006

12 noon - 8PM

Cammy Lee Leukemia Foundation/Asian American Writers'
Workshop

www.cllf.org

www.aaww.org

Bone Marrow Drive for Christine Pechera - New York, NY

The Asian American Writers’ Workshop
16 West 32nd Street, Suite 10A
between Broadway and 5th Ave.
New York, NY 10001
(p) 212.494.0061

Closest subway stop: N train to 34th St./Herald
Square.
To retrieve how to take the subway from your location,
please hit:

http://www.hopstop.com

Many thanks to the great Greg Walloch for this hot
tip!

(I, Florence Yoo will be there from 12noon - 2 PM!)


__________________________________________________________


Speech at Bone Marrow Drive, Jan. 20th, 2006

My name is Christine Pechera. My father is Visayan and
my mother is Ilocano and grew up in Manila. I have a
big, loud crazy family that eats way too much pancit
and likes to sing karaoke. My grandparents used to
play Pu-soy and Mahjong, arguing and laughing late
into the night. When I was little, my brothers and sister
and I would dance the tini-kling using broomsticks
stolen from the kitchen pantry.

My name is Christine Pechera and I am in love with a
wonderful guy. He calls me honey-bunny and I call him
Mr. Fuzzms. We're making plans. I have never been so
happy. There's so much to live for. Life is beautiful.

I want to do so many things. I hope someday to go to
Italy and visit the Vatican in Rome. I hope someday to
be a good mother. I hope someday to have lots of juicy
stories to tell my grandchildren and
great-grandchildren.

My name is Christine Pechera and I have cancer. Last
week my doctors told me I have less than a year to
live. The only miracle that can save my life is a Bone
Marrow Transplant. But I need to find a donor. A
donor who is Filipino like me. And I don't have much
time left.

My family and friends are trying to help me find a
donor by signing up more Filipinos onto the National
Bone Marrow Donor Program. We have already scoured the
entire registry to no avail. I know my life-saving
match is out there somewhere, but we can't find him or
her unless he or she is on the registry.

My name is Christine Pechera and am I asking that you
take a few minutes of your time to sign up. All it
takes is a quick finger prick or blood sample to find
out if you can save my life or the life of
another. Donating marrow is like donating blood in
that your body will replenish the small amount you
give.

My name is Christine Pechera and I believe in God and
I am not afraid to die, but not now.

Not now.

There is so much I still want to do.

Please. I need your help. Thank you and God Bless.

_____________________________________________________


if you are in the NJ Area...

Mar. 17 (Friday)

7:30 pm to 9:30 pm

Bone Marrow Donor Drive, New Jersey - Lakewood, NJ.
Contact: Deacon Renee Perez, 848-482-0349,
deaconperez@aol.com

____________________________________________________


When you register, please remind your donor center to
SPEED UP PROCESSING of your sample so that Christine's
doctors can get the information in time. The National
Registry is doing this for all donors who identify
themselves as friends of CHRISTINE PECHERA.

Please Note: Everyone registering for Christine will
be joining the General Registry, which means that even
if you're not a match for Christine, you may be saving
someone else's life.

____________________________________________________

If you cannot attend a drive, please call:


Mr. B.L. Frazer at 212-570-3441 the NY BLOOD CENTER,
310 E. 67th St., between 1st and 2nd Aves., New York,
NY

You can make an appointment to be tested and register!

If you are African American, Hispanic, Native American
Indian, or from any of the Asian Commuinities, this is
free!

If you are caucasian, there is a $40 lab fee you will
have to pay that is tax-deductible.

If you are in Brooklyn, call:

718-797-7817

NY BLOOD CENTER
120 Lawrence St.
Brooklyn, NY

If you are anywhere else, please call:

1-800-MARROW2

to find a center near you!

Please register! THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!



Love and all the best to you and yours,
Florence :D

http://www.cdbaby.com/florenceyoo03
http://www.gvny.com/columns/mckanic/mckanic07-13-01A.html
http://www.mysticbutterfly.com -- Liza Yu Chen's *AWESOME* HATS!
http://www.giphoto1999.com -- Gigi Chang's sweet site!
"Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well,
poetry is just the ash." --Leonard Cohen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home