The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Alexander Graham Bell and Me


Wendy Ip
www.wendyip.com rushed into the lobby and asked if my phone was working and if I got her messages. She asked if it was ringing. She whipped out her cell phone, flipped it open and dialed my number to do a test. She asked me why my phone wasn't ringing, because she couldn't hear anything. I replied, "I bet it is ringing in Brooklyn." She realized that she had been calling my home phone number. I added that even if she had called my cell phone, that, too, would be ringing in Brooklyn, because it was in my kitchen. She looked at me as if I were mad. I explained that I am eccentric and I don't really have a cell phone that I use.

Indigo Som www.indigosom.com tells me it's my "imaginary cell phone."


Speaking of phone matters, I had been playing phone tag with dear friend, Dave Budrys in Chicago. I called, he took a few days to call back. A little bit after that I called again, left another message and he, again, took a few days to call back. He apologized. I told him to not worry because I, myself, have been known to be tardy in returning phone calls. He explained that being tardy once
was excusable, but it being twice in a row, well, that just made him re-tardy. I burst out laughing and I asked if I could write about this exchange here on the blog. Dave said that he, in no way, wanted to offend anyone who is developmentally disabled but also, that he would be willing to take the hit, in the name of comedy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home