The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The PIT Rocks!

Big, huge thanks to the Peoples Improv Theater and the super funny, and gracious Jen Nails www.jennails.com for letting the likes of me back up on their fine stage on Tuesday night! Mondo thanks to Autumn Burgess for her kind tech assistance! Tim Ellis regaled us with his amusing rants about eggs and vaginas... which somehow all seemed to make sense...

I was in a post performance haze -- so I have no idea who I talked to right after -- was it Autumn? Sarah? Jen? Tim's hilarious wife, Michelle? If the funny, nice person who said this to me reads this -- will ya please let me know? Someone made the comment that Tim did a bit where he was apologizing and then there I was, truly apologizing during my set because my guitar was going wildly out of tune because I had just broken a string before I left my house -- which made for a theme for the night! Ha!

Hot tips of the day: Wednesdays @ 8 PM at the Peoples Improv Theater www.thepit-nyc.com, catch funny improv groups, The Faculty and Big Black Car for free! Improv sketches with folks making out, pretending to fornicate... I never realized how much I was missing out on. I think I better re-think this solo performer thing...

Kate Rigg rules! Absolutely, positively radical...
www.katerigg.com

I saw the new film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It was surprisingly scary. A few plot points were thin, but it was highly entertaining. Wendy Ip www.wendyip.com observed that one of the games depicted was somewhat sick, and that this was not a film for the little ones... Overall, good, mindless fun for older kids of all ages...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home