The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

All We Are Saying is Give "Walk the Mountain" a Chance

I was telling my mom that I was worried about a number of things. Her succinct response, "Why worry if you believe in God?"

I was talking to Michael at work about working out. (He's also a personal trainer.) He advised me to use the leg machines to lose more weight because the legs are the biggest muscle group and getting them going is like starting an engine. That makes sense...

I saw Jude Narita's excellent new play, Walk the Mountain at 59 E 59 Theater in NYC.
judenarita.com It's about Cambodia and Vietnam. It's a sad and serious play, but it has its funny moments and Jude delivers a superb performance. Her daughter, Darling Narita's clean direction moves the piece along at a good clip. The use of mutli-media was appropriate and informative. I have to confess, I didn't know much at all about the Vietnam War or Cambodia. But now I know a little more... Thanks, Jude. Check it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home