The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo

Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....

My Photo
Name:
Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States

optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Unveiling the Butterfly Benefit Tonight!

Business first, pleasure later...

Please come on by the show tonight!

Thursday, October 27th at 8pm*

*Eddy Martinez and I will hit the stage at 10:30 PM

@ The Loft at 383 West Broadway, 6th Floor, between Spring and Broome
New York, NY 10013

Unveiling the Butterfly
- A Celebration of Asian American Women!

-a benefit for the feature-length film Tie a Yellow Ribbon
Admission: $15 in advance, $20 at the door; VIP tickets, $50
visit the website to buy your ticket www.yellowribbonparty.com

I walked by that lead singer guy from Jamiroquai. I was wearing my LOVE baseball cap.
I saw him eyeing it. All I could think was, "Back off, Hat Boy. This one's mine."

Back in the day, around Berkeley, the homeless people used to call me "Love" because that baseball cap was glued to my head all the time. I still like to wear hats now, but the reason I wore them all the time before was because I only weighed 110 pounds and I used to get so cold. I guess the upside of being pudgy is that I don't get as cold anymore.

The LOVE baseball cap was made by Freddie Bain. The new wild hats were given to me by my first "corporate" sponsor here in NY,
Liza Yu Chen.

www.mysticbutterfly.com

Thank you so much, Liza! I also wear hats by dear friend, Lily Hotchkiss, CA.

Speaking of old friends... Extraordinary painter, Suzanne Onodera is in town from Cali!
www.sonodera.com
Check her paintings out...

AAF 2005 NYC
Represented by Dolby Chadwick Gallery

San Francisco, CA

Booth 221
Chelsea Pier
Pier 92, 52nd Street & 12th Avenue, New York City
October 27 – 30, 2005
www.aafnyc.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home