The Secret Virtual Life of Florence Yoo
Florence Yoo: singer/songwriter/wisenheimer/glad participant in this game... Her CDs available on cdbaby.com: INDELIBLE and IN MY MIND I AM 5'9", confirming she is weird AND delusional. Factoids: commission to write the song ART TALK for Lynn Hershman; composer for Julia Cho's fun children's play, BAY AND THE SPECTACLES OF DOOM, La Jolla Playhouse, CA. Copyright 2005-2014 Florence Yoo (ASCAP) All rights reserved, etc., etc., etc....
- Name: Florence Yoo
- Location: coming soon..., to a venue near you!, United States
optimistic, determined, happy, lucky, earnest, sentimental, doing my best to move that rubber tree plant...
Monday, August 20, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
2. Stan Ridgway (Wall of Voodoo) is hella good in concert! Ace drummer, Joe Berardi was amazing! So musical and quirky! Loved the asymmetrical crash cymbal and pots!
3. Is it just me or is Paulo Nutini hot in a kind of 'I'm not sure if he's on heroin' or just really eccentric kinda way...?
4. "Thash Unreal" by Against Me! is so catchy... I wonder what the lyrics are....
5. I took a stab at repairing my own guitar yesterday. (Those of you who know me well know that I have a very odd skill set and that I did used to own an acetylene torch, among other tools...) I just tuned her up, and I must say, I think this was a success!
6. I want to start a cover band called, "Goofyfoot." It will be all Disney songs all the time all performed on skateboards, of course, goofy foot...
7. I can't believe I haven't see "The Simpsons Movie" yet. Something is very wrong... Must rectify this immediately... Oh, wait, did I type that out loud?
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Wendy and Me
GINORMOUS THANKS to the most excellent WENDY IP for Simpsonizing us and me!
I have this theory -- complain and ye shall receive -- and it keeps being proven to be true!
I was complaining to Wendy that my ailing laptop could not Simpsonize me. Next thing I know,
Wendy sent me these images! Hooray! Muchas gracias, W! wendyip.com
Thursday, August 02, 2007
High School Musical on Tour May Well Be The Happiest Show on Earth!
After seeing this Broadway-ie production, my first thought was: Man, the Mouse does deliver, doesn't he? Ms. Oguma played teenage playwright/composer, Kelsi Neilson with much aplomb -- just the right amount of shyness and pluck with a dash of perfect comic timing!
New character, Jack Scott, "The Voice of East High School", was portrayed by Michael Mahany with all the verve and enthusiasm one might expect from a DJ, dancing up a storm and impressively ending one number by doing the splits!
There were more (literal) back flips and splits than needed, but I reckon this was all in the name of creating theater magic and the spectacular. It was truly a beautiful and entertaining show -- from the entire cast who were all so talented to the colorful sets and costumes. There were enough jokes to make the show funny for the adults in the audience (my favorite was the one about George W.) and it is clear that the show isn't trying to hide the fact that it is Grease for the new millennium as is evidenced by the musical within the musical's title, Juliet and Romeo. Much like Disneyland and Disneyworld, High School Musical on Tour! is fun for the whole family!
A slightly longer version of this can be seen at asiantalentonline.com
Ginormous thanks to Olivia, Steve and asiantalentonline.com !